ValueUp to $1,500,000 (over 3 years)
In response to the rapid development and deployment of commercial 5G technologies, the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces (DND/CAF) are seeking to stimulate the application of advances in technologies for 5G and beyond to defence and security problems.
Eligible organizations or institutions are:
- Canadian universities and educational institutions chartered in Canada;
- Incorporated for-profit organizations;
- Incorporated not-for-profit organizations;
- Provincial/territorial and municipal government organizations; and
- International universities and educational institutions.
Up to $1,500,000 (over 3 years) to develop a research micro-network to stimulate collaboration and build a network of expertise in support of Canada’s current and future defence and security needs.
Eligible costs are limited to the following categories:
- Stipends, salaries and benefits for students, research assistants and technical staff, reflecting the exact costs that are directly related to Micro-net project activities;
- Equipment acquisitions or rentals, not to exceed $5,000 per acquisition. Cost category not to exceed 20% of the total approved eligible costs.
- Professional, scientific, technical consultant services (provided by third parties not affiliated with the Micro-net);
- Laboratory analysis services;
- Materials and supplies;
- Publication, outreach and communication costs;
- Travel in accordance with the National Joint Council’s Travel Directive; and
- Administrative overhead costs – not to exceed 15% of the total approved eligible costs (before overhead)
Deadline DateLOI: December 7, 2021
Contact Name: Innovation Networks
E-mail Address: DND.IDEaS-IDEeS.MDN@forces.gc.ca