ValueStream A: $7,000 to $100,000; Stream B: $100,001 to $400,000
Insight Grants are expected to respond to the objectives of the Insight Research program.
Insight Grants support research excellence in the social sciences and humanities. Funding is available to both emerging scholars and established scholars for research initiatives of two to five years.
- Applications can be submitted by an individual researcher or a team of researchers (consisting of one applicant and one or more co-applicants and/or collaborators).
- Applicants (except postdoctoral fellows and PhD students) must be affiliated with a Canadian postsecondary institution that holds institutional eligibility at the time of application and before funding can be released.
- Eligible PhD students and postdoctoral fellows are encouraged to make inquiries with the Research Grants Office of the eligible institution(s) at which they will be seeking affiliation early in the process.
Insight Grants are valued at up to $400,000 over two to five years. A minimum request of $7,000 is required in at least one of the years. A maximum of $100,000 is available in a single year.
Applicants can choose from one of two streams when applying for an Insight Grant, depending on the amount of funding required:
- Stream A for requests between $7,000 and $100,000; or
- Stream B for requests between $100,001 and $400,000.eww
Deadline DateOctober 1, 2023
Contact Name: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org