ValueMaximum of $50,000
The Irrigation Environmental Efficiency Program supports improved energy and water efficiencies in irrigation systems. The program supports producers converting low efficiency or high pressure irrigation systems to high efficiency, low pressure irrigation systems.
You are eligible to apply for the rebate if:
- You are a Saskatchewan agricultural producer (individual, partnership or corporation) or First Nations Band.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You file income tax demonstrating a minimum $50,000 of gross farm income in Saskatchewan in the year of application or the year prior to the application.
- Irrigate a minimum of 10 acres;
- Have a valid Water Rights Licence issued by the Water Security Agency or a Water Service Agreement with a recognized Irrigation District; and
Producers who own, lease or rent property where livestock and poultry are grown, bred, kept, raised, displayed, assembled or disposed of require a Saskatchewan Premises Identification (PID) number.
- Purchase and installation of a new low pressure centre pivot or low pressure linear system for existing licensed irrigated acres when converting from gravity, or side-wheel irrigation systems.
- Materials and installation for low pressure, high efficiency sprinklers, including:
- Low pressure sprinkler nozzles;
- Pressure regulators;
- Pipe/hose extension/carts to provide low clearance;
- Booms for low pressure application;
- Delivery hose/pipe; and
- Filters and emitters for trickle or drip systems.
- Conversion from combustion engine to electric powered pumps (including installation of power).
- Conversion from electric or combustion engine to wind or solar powered pumps.
- End gun booster pumps and low pressure main pump replacement (when it has been demonstrated to the ministry’s satisfaction that existing high pressure pumps cannot be converted to low pressure).
- Purchase, modification and installation of fertigation equipment such as:
- Injector pumps;
- Associated installation materials; and
- Liquid fertilizer storage tanks dedicated to the fertigation system.
- Improving irrigation pump intake systems with new screens or shoreline modifications to protect the water source, including backflow prevention/check valves, repair of existing pump intake system and erosion control measures including the cost of earthwork for shoreline modification.
- Purchase and installation of new Variable Rate irrigation equipment on new or existing irrigation systems.
- Conversion of single speed electric irrigation pump motors to variable frequency drive motors, including related control systems.
- Sprinkler control valves, complete with electrical and related components to control the individual sprinklers or groups of sprinklers.
- Speed control system to vary the speed of the lateral allowing different water depths to be applied.
- Electronic control panel including wiring and equipment to signal the control valves along the lateral length to apply the desired amount of water.
- Lateral positioning system to locate the exact position of the lateral in the field so that the water can be applied in the appropriate places.
- Soil and plant moisture monitoring equipment (e.g. soil and leaf moisture sensors) in conjunction with variable rate irrigation.
- Flow monitors.
- Remote communications technologies such as telemetry that communicates with the centre pivot panel.
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch
Phone Number: 1-866-457-2377