Once a year, ITEA offers the opportunity to submit research project proposals that fit in the domain of software innovation. For this purpose, a Call is organised each year starting with a two-day brokerage event. In a two-stage procedure, the quality of the project proposal is evaluated and improved, finally leading to a selection of high quality project proposals that receive the official ITEA label. The ITEA label provides project partners with the possibility of applying for public funding from their national authorities.
Two-stage Call process
- Producing a Project Outline (PO) – This PO gives a short overview of a project, mainly to describe the project goals, innovation, targeted business impact and consortium. Project Outlines which are positively evaluated are invited for the second stage;
- Producing a Full Project Proposal (FPP) – This FPP describes the project plan and how the project will be executed and managed. Approved FPPs will receive the ITEA label
Consortia & project characteristics
- Project consortia need to have at least two different partners from two different countries, of which one must be a EUREKA
- Member Country and another one either a EUREKA Member Country or a EUREKA Associated/Partner Country.
- Project consortia can be composed of representatives from large industry, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), research institutes, universities and user organisations (profit or non-profit).
- ITEA projects are industry driven, technically innovative and business oriented.
- ITEA projects involve between 40 and 350 person-years and typically last up to three years.