The program provides funding to eligible businesses and organizations to train individuals who are being considered for an available job in their company and/or to improve the skills and opportunities of their new or existing employees. It is recognized that employee training is primarily the responsibility of the employer; however given the current labour market context in New Brunswick, the WorkingNB branch of the Department of Post-Secondary Education Training and Labour (PETL) wants to encourage employers to provide strategic training to their workforce as per the program’s criteria.
An Applicant should be an employer:
- Private sector; Non-profit organization*; First Nations, Regional Service Commissions
- The applicant’s place of business should normally be established in New Brunswick.
* Non-profit organizations that apply must provide a letter signed by a member of the Board of Directors with signing authority. The letter must outline (1) how they will dedicate their financial resources towards their share of the training cost (applicant’s contribution towards eligible training costs) and (2) demonstrate that their contribution is not based solely on government and/or private funding.
- A current employee or the owner of the company: The training participant must be employed by the applicant.
- A potential employee:
- Must be selected by the applicant.
- Must require training to obtain an available job with the applicant.
- The eventual job must be in N.B.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be working in N.B. on a permanent basis.
Training Costs: Tuition fees or fees charged by a training provider, Mandatory participant fees, Mandatory textbooks, software or other required materials (Ex: Software developed for training purpose. Software developed in order to teach training participants how to use new equipment), Examination fees directly related to the training, Training provider’s travel costs
Phone Number: 1-800-999-9775
E-mail Address: email@example.com