ValuePaid training and work experience.
Launch is an MCG program that focuses on providing paid work experience opportunities and career and employment coaching to young adults struggling with the “I need experience to get a job – I need a job to get experience” cycle. Launch works closely with local employers to provide supported work experience placements allowing the participants to acquire and enhance their skills, overcome barriers to employment and receive job retention support.
- Between the ages of 20 and 30
- Unemployed and having difficulty finding employment due to a lack of career focus or relevant experience for at least six months
- Have completed high school (diploma or GED) and have some post-secondary training (college, university, or trade)
- Wanting to obtain full-time employment
Launch offers each program participant:
- Individualized one-on-one career and employment coaching
- Job search skills development
- Up to 12 weeks of paid work experience
- Development of an individualized action plan
- Job retention support after a job has been obtained to enhance participant success
- Access to a Resource Area including computer work stations, job board, and resource library
- Training salary for time spent in coaching/workshop sessions
Contact Name: MCG Careers
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org