Valueup to 50 per cent of eligible project expenses up to a maximum of $500,000.
Building Communities through Arts and Heritage – Legacy Fund component provides funding for community-initiated capital projects, intended for community use. Recipients may receive up to 50 per cent of eligible project expenses up to a maximum of $500,000.
Eligible organizations must have been in existence for at least two years and plan to continue operating after the project’s completion. They include:
- local incorporated non-profit organizations;
- local band councils, tribal councils or other local Aboriginal government and organizations (First Nations, Inuit or Métis);
- municipal administrations and their agencies, boards and commissions that demonstrate an active partnership with at least one community-based group for the purposes of the proposed project.
Funding supports community-initiated capital projects that:
- commemorate a significant local historical event or pay tribute to a significant local historical personality;
- mark a 100th anniversary or greater, in increments of 25 years (e.g., 125th, 150th);
- involve the restoration, renovation, or transformation of existing buildings or exterior spaces with local community significance that are intended for community use;
- encourage arts and heritage activities in the local community that are intended for and accessible to the general public.
Deadline DateProjects must be submitted before the anniversary date of the event or personality to be commemorated.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: PCH.bcah-dcap.PCH@canada.ca