ValueThe maximum annual funding per Eligible Participant is $3,500. Participants are eligible for 70% of project costs, up to the maximum funding level. Participants may apply for funding each year for new eligible activities only. Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Livestock Tag Reader Rebate is a sub-program under Traceability Adoption Program which offers a rebate to livestock operators who purchase and install approved tag readers.
Eligible Participants are required to:
- have a business registration number
- constitute a legal entity
- have an active GST number and file business/farm income taxes in B.C.
- be registered in the Premises Indentification Program. Registration can happen simultaneously with the application.
- Purchase and installation of livestock tag readers:
- Tag readers must be on the Canadian Cattlemen Identification Agency approved list
- Purchase and installation of traceability software that is compatible with the tag readers
- Staff training by a vendor to implement tag readers
Deadline DateAccepting applications from February 1, 2020
Contact Name: Attn: Caroline Gibbeson, B.C. Traceability Programs
Phone Number: 1-888-221-7141
E-mail Address: email@example.com