The Municipal Energy Champions Program helps small municipalities choose staff members to become energy champions that will manage municipal energy use. Champions identify opportunities to reduce energy consumption and save money.
Municipal Energy Champions commit approximately 10 to 15 hours a month, for nine months, to complete the program steps, through webinars, workshops, phone calls, networking events, and more.
The program steps include:
- Baseline assessment.
- Energy management basics learning activity.
- Municipal energy information collection.
- Develop an energy profile and trend analysis.
- Understand energy consumption in buildings.
- Presentation on findings.
- Implementation planning and continuing success learning activity.
Deadline DateDecember 23, 2021.
Contact Name: Municipal Climate Change Action Centre
Phone Number: 780-433-4431 or 310-2862 (Toll Free)