ValueMaximum $1,000,000. Dependant on funded activity.
The Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program (MCIP) is a five-year, $75-million program that helps municipalities prepare for, and adapt to, climate change, and to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHGs). Delivered by the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) and funded by the Government of Canada, MCIP is available to all municipalities and their partners.
- Canadian municipal governments
- Municipal partners applying in association with a municipal government
- The assessment of the vulnerability to flooding of buildings in a neighbourhood
- Ways to reduce GHG emissions from waste collection trucks by optimizing routes and reducing the frequency of garbage and recycling pick-up
- Plans to encourage residents to use less polluting forms of transportation by encouraging cycling, walking and transit
- The impact of a municipal policy change, such as a no-idling policy
Through MCIP, we provide funding to municipalities for plans, studies, demonstration projects and support for staff salaries to plan and implement climate change adaptation projects. Focus areas include energy, water, waste, transportation, asset management, GHG reductions and reducing vulnerability to climate change impacts.
Contact Name: Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program
Phone Number: (613) 907-6208