The Museums Assistance Program (MAP) supports heritage institutions and workers in the preservation and presentation of heritage collections. The program fosters the preservation of Indigenous culture and facilitates access to heritage collections for all Canadians. It also promotes professional knowledge, skills and practices related to key museum functions.
- Digital Access to Heritage component fosters improved access to heritage collections through collections digitization and digital content development, as well as activities that build capacity in these areas. The component also supports the development and delivery of related training, resources and services that benefit multiple museums.
Deadline: September 1, 2022.
- Recovery Fund for Heritage Organizations provides financial assistance to help heritage institutions, as they seek to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. These funds will help compensate for lost revenues due to public health restrictions and capacity limits that were put in place.
Deadline: August 2, 2022.
- Access to Heritage component promotes access to heritage across different geographic regions of Canada. Eligible projects are related to travelling exhibitions, to assist heritage organizations in reaching new audiences.
Deadline: November 1.
- Exhibition Circulation Fund component assists museums with the costs of hosting travelling exhibitions originating from another museum or from a federal heritage institution and borrowing artefacts for exhibition from one of the National museums of Canada.
- Indigenous Heritage component supports the preservation, presentation and management of Canada’s Indigenous cultural heritage. It also promotes public awareness and understanding of the diverse cultures of Indigenous Peoples.
Deadline: November 1, 2022.
- Collections Management component aims to improve professional knowledge, skills and practices to strengthen professional standards related to key museum functions for collections management in Canada. It also supports the development and delivery of resources or services that will benefit multiple museums.
Deadline: November 1.
- Canada-France Agreement component aims to develop special, lasting ties between museums in Canada and France, as well as enhancing the skills and competencies of museum professionals. It also assists Canadian organizations in developing new international partnerships and in reaching new potential audiences for Canadian heritage collections.
Deadline: August 31.
The MAP provides funding to Canadian museums and related institutions through several components, and each has its own eligibility criteria.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free) or 819-997-0055
E-mail Address: PCH.map-pam.PCH@canada.ca