Nanocomposite Fabrics Production System, through National Research Council, is seeking a manufacturing process solution that will produce nanocomposite sheets/fabrics comprised of carbon nanotubes and polymer by the roll in order to make the next generation of high-performance multifunctional fabric for fire protection, energy absorption, electromagnetic shielding, etc.
Solution proposals can only be submitted by a small business that meets all of the following criteria:
- for profit
- incorporated in Canada (federally or provincially)
- 499 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees*
- research and development activities that take place in Canada
- 50% or more of its annual wages, salaries and fees are currently paid to employees and contractors who spend the majority of their time working in Canada*
- 50% or more of its FTE employees have Canada as their ordinary place of work*
- 50% or more of its senior executives (Vice President and above) have Canada as their principal residence*
*Calculations must take into account and include affiliated businesses, such as parent companies and subsidiaries, that are either in or outside of Canada.
Multiple contracts could result from this Challenge:
- Phase 1
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 1 Contract resulting from this Challenge is $150,000.00 CAD excluding applicable taxes, shipping, travel and living expenses, as required, for up to 6 months (excluding submission of the final report).
- Estimated number of Phase 1 contracts: 2
- Phase 2
- The maximum funding available for any Phase 2 Contract resulting from this Challenge is $1,000,000.00 CAD excluding applicable taxes, shipping, travel and living expenses, as required, for up to 24 months (excluding submission of the final report).
- Only eligible businesses that have successfully completed Phase 1 will be considered for Phase
- Estimated number of Phase 2 contracts: 1
*This disclosure is made in good faith and does not commit Canada to contract for the total approximate funding.
*For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DateClosing date: May 25, 2020, 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: SIC-ISC@pwgsc.gc.ca