Valuerebates up to $15,000.
The Near Zero Emissions Building Program is offering incentives starting at approximately $15,000 for designing and constructing a single-family home or Part 9 multi-unit residential building to Step Code level 4, 5 or Passive House. The participants in the research program will share data on the challenges encountered and solutions implemented during design and construction. This program is available to projects located within a Metro Vancouver municipality that has adopted the BC Energy Step Code.
- The single-family house must be less than 400m2 (4,300 square feet).
- If the building contains more than one unit, the largest unit cannot exceed 400m2 and the building must be a Part 9 building.
- The property must be located in the City of Vancouver or a Metro Vancouver municipality that has adopted the BC Energy Step Code (click here for adopting municipalities). If the property is located in another municipality within Climate Zone 4, the program administrator may accept the application based on the uniqueness or degree of innovation of the design and/or construction.
- The design must satisfy the requirements for Step 4 or 5 of the BC Energy Step Code or Passive House certification.
- The design must include a heat pump to satisfy all of the space heating requirements.
- Preference will be given for the following projects:
- The Issued for Construction drawings are complete.
- The design includes heat pumps for space heating and generating domestic hot water.
- The project team comprises a well-established group of companies or individuals that have a good track record.
Deadline DateThe program is fully subscribed. The funding for this offer is limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
Contact Name: Near Zero Emissions Building Program
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Website: https://betterhomesbc.ca/rebates/near-zero-programs/ or https://nearzero.ca