ValueMaximum of $15,000 per applicant, based on scope and deliverable.
Nova Scotia Seafood Accelerator Program aims to support:
- access to new markets through support for eligible companies obtaining a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification to open new export markets or maintain current ones,
- improvement of current seafood value-added products (either in market or a ready-to-commercialize prototype with a waiting market) through technical support, and
- successful commercialization of new Nova Scotia value-added seafood products into recognized markets with sales longevity
- have a head office and licensed seafood processing facility in Nova Scotia,
- demonstrate they are meeting the current federal and provincial inspection, regulation and licensing requirements,
- have controls in place to ensure the product is handled properly during processing and results in a final product that is not tainted, decomposed, or unwholesome, and
- not be in contravention of provincial or federal laws related to the fishery
- Gap assessments for specific food safety program requirements to assess what needs to be done for compliance with a specific standard.
- Program coaching of a company’s food safety program manager or quality assurance staff on plan development
or revisions, implementation and employee training.
- Pre-audit assessment in preparation for a third-party audit to meet a specific food safety program standard.