ValueEligible capital expenses: will be cost-shared at 25% grant and 75% applicant. Eligible non-capital expenses: will be cost-shared at 50% grant and 50% applicant up to a maximum total amount of $50,000. The $50,000 maximum includes a $5,000 maximum for travel expenses.
The On-Farm Value-Added Grant Program supports primary producers in adding value to their agricultural products to grow sales, expand production capacity, explore market opportunities and create jobs in Alberta.
The program has 2 streams:
- On-Farm Value-Added Stream A: (maximum grant $50,000) applications are assessed based on eligibility criteria
- On-Farm Value-Added Stream B: (grant over $50,000 to maximum grant $250,000) applications are assessed based on eligibility criteria and merit scoring.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be a primary producer
- be an individual or a corporation registered in Alberta that is operating in Alberta, or that can establish to the satisfaction of the minister that it will operate in Alberta
- be responsible for input costs for crops, bees or livestock
- produce at least $25,000 worth of commercial agriculture production annually
- not be a landlord whose only interest in the crop, bee, cattle operation is ownership of the land
- be adding value past harvest or slaughter of the agricultural product
Applicants can apply for activities under one or more of these funding categories:
- processing capacity expansion
- food safety improvement
- new product and process development
- market development and access
Deadline DateAccepting applications: April 3 to May 15, 2023.
Contact Name: On-Farm Value-Added Program team
Phone Number: 310-FARM (3276)
E-mail Address: email@example.com