The Ontario Agri-Food Research Initiative offers funding for research that stimulates innovation to support the growth and competitiveness of Ontario’s agri-food sector, promotes food safety and strengthens rural communities.
To be eligible to receive funding you must have demonstrated capacity to perform quality research and be:
- A university or college
- A research organization, institute, or foundation
- An industry organization or business
- A non-government organization
- A government or government agency*
- Lead applicant must be located in Ontario. Researchers outside the province of Ontario may collaborate on research projects
* Federal and provincial government researchers are not eligible to receive funding; but are eligible to collaborate on projects.
* Researchers with an outstanding progress report for previous OMAFRA-funded research are not eligible to receive funding under this initiative until outstanding reports are submitted.
- Food Safety
- Global Market Analysis
- Automation – Barriers and Adoption by the Sector
- Bio-Based Production Systems
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs - Ontario
E-mail Address: email@example.com