ValueVaries. Shall not exceed 50% of the Recipient’s overall operating budget.
The purpose of the Organizational Support Grant Program is to provide support to recreation
organizations for their programs; organization operations; leadership development; and volunteer
development that align with the outcomes of a more active Alberta.
- Non-profit Provincial Recreation Associations & Non-profit Provincial Associations that serve underrepresented populations and are registered to carry on business in Alberta: a society under the Societies Act (Alberta); an agricultural society under the Agricultural Societies Act (Alberta); a non-profit company under the Companies Act (Alberta), Part 9; or an extra-provincial non-profit corporation formed under Federal legislation
- The applicant must be incorporated under appropriate legislation for a minimum of three (3) years
- The applicant must declare in its bylaws, and demonstrate through its activities, that its services are provincial in nature and scope without duplication in services; that it provides participant and leadership opportunities for all Albertans. Applicants must submit a copy of their officially registered bylaws to the Ministry
- The applicant’s planning and operations must contribute to the vision and outcomes of a more active Alberta
- The governance structure must be led by volunteers who are elected in a democratic manner
- The applicant must have the following policies in place: a) Harassment and Abuse Policy b) Dispute Resolution Appeal Policy/Mechanism/Process c) Conflict of Interest Policy
- Minimum of 500 individual members or have 5 member-clubs with a minimum total membership of 500 individuals within those clubs. Such membership is tracked by the payment of a fee, either directly or through an affiliated organization or club. Membership information must be verifiable from the applicant’s records and database. Note: Provincial recreation associations with a primary mandate to serve low income Albertans or Albertans with disabilities are excluded from this clause
- The applicant must submit: a) A 3 – 5-year Strategic Plan setting out the applicant’s ongoing planning and evaluation process, and including annual key performance indicators. b) A summary/evaluation of applicant activities including measurement of key performance indicators
- The applicant communicates regularly with its membership, ensures equitable access for all Albertans, and complies with applicable national leadership standards such as those exemplified in the National Coaching Certification Program and National Lifeguard Standards
Programs, operations, leadership and volunteer development.
Deadline DateCurrently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact Name: Recreation and Physical Activity Division
Phone Number: 780-427-6549
E-mail Address: RPAD@gov.ab.ca