ValueMaximum of $50,000
Other Business- Defining Zones and Controlled Access Points supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Commingling facilities, including assembly yards, sales barns, auction markets, fairs and exhibitions, community pastures, trucking rest stations, transporters and veterinary clinics.
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the introduction and spread of disease, including but not limited to:
- Retrofitting existing structures to establish an effective transition area (anteroom)
- Clearly defining zones (e.g., Controlled Access Zone, Restricted Access Zone) and access points using signage, fencing, barriers, grading or landscaping\
- Improving efficiency of traffic flow to reduce contamination by establishing new or rerouting existing laneways, access routes, and vehicle turning areas
- Controlling access to operation and buildings with gates, fencing, signage, locks, barriers and security monitoring equipment
- Construction of new, or modifications to, existing structures to facilitate more efficient movement of animals and humans
- In-kind labour and equipment costs of up to $2,000 in cost-share
- One-time labour costs specifically required for the project, such as contract salaries, benefits and specific per diem fees (excluding existing full- or part-time staff)
- One-time costs for rental of facilities, processing equipment or machinery required specifically for the project