ValueMaximum of $50,000
Other Business- Establishing Cleaning and Disinfecting Practices supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Commingling facilities, including assembly yards, sales barns, auction markets, fairs and exhibitions, community pastures, trucking rest stations, transporters and veterinary clinics.
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the introduction and spread of disease, including but not limited to:
- Construction of hard surface (e.g., concrete) pad or wash bay/facility for cleaning and disinfecting vehicles and equipment within Controlled Access Zone (CAZ) or Controlled Access Point (CAP)
- Installation of sanitation, shower and washer facilities at CAP or anteroom to higher risk areas such as barns and animal housing facilities (must be part of a complete transition area for effective biosecurity)
- Replacing interior surfaces (e.g., walls, flooring, dividers) with non-porous washable materials such as concrete, puck board or stainless steel
- Specialized cleaning and disinfection equipment (e.g., tractor attachments for barn cleanout, livestock footbaths, udder cleaning systems)
- Installing a treatment system for the purpose of disinfecting or removing pathogens, fomite or contaminants from the water, including sulphur and iron
- In-kind labour and equipment costs of up to $2,000 in cost-share
- One-time labour costs specifically required for the project, such as contract salaries, benefits and specific per diem fees (excluding existing full- or part-time staff)
- One-time costs for rental of facilities, processing equipment or machinery required specifically for the project