ValueMaximum of $50,000
Other Business- Health Management supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Commingling facilities, including assembly yards, sales barns, auction markets, fairs and exhibitions, community pastures, trucking rest stations, transporters and veterinary clinics.
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the introduction and spread of disease, including but not limited to:
- Purchase of tools or equipment for animal health and monitoring, such as health management software, scales or metering equipment, and multi-dose injectors
- Baseline laboratory testing for disease (and associated veterinary or sample collections fees) as part of a disease management plan
- In-kind labour and equipment costs of up to $2,000 in cost-share
- One-time labour costs specifically required for the project, such as contract salaries, benefits and specific per diem fees (excluding existing full- or part-time staff)
- One-time costs for rental of facilities, processing equipment or machinery required specifically for the project