ValueMaximum of $25,000
Other Business- Plant Pest Monitoring and Management Tools and Equipment supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, out of, and within high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Supply chain partners, including seed treatment facilities, grain elevators, seed storage, transport providers, equipment manufacturers and suppliers, and custom applicators, who wish to focus on incorporating tools and equipment for monitoring, management and treatment into plant health biosecurity plans, to prevent, identify and limit the introduction and spread of pests.
- Management tools and equipment including:
- Using new technologies to modify environmental conditions or practices to reduce pest development and spread
- Innovative application technologies that reduce environmental risk and worker exposure
- Monitoring and diagnostic tools including:
- Monitoring equipment (e.g., lures, traps, sticky cards, hand lens, sweep nets, microscope, Smartphone apps for diagnostics and monitoring)
- Environmental data loggers
- Drone or remote sensing technology
- Reference materials
- Pest modeling software
- Modification of existing air seeders or vacuum planters to install dust deflectors to direct exhausted air from the planter or seeder vacuum fan toward the ground including:
- Purchase and installation of factory-made or ready-made dust deflector units based on equipment manufacturer’s specifications
- Purchase and installation of custom-made dust deflectors to modify existing seed planting equipment