ValueMaximum of $50,000
Other Business- Preventing Access by Wildlife, Pests, and Rodents supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Commingling facilities, including assembly yards, sales barns, auction markets, fairs and exhibitions, community pastures, trucking rest stations, transporters and veterinary, clinics that wish to prevent introduction and spread of disease throughout an operation through new construction, modifications to existing production areas and facilities, and implementing practices and procedures.
Preference is currently given to projects that support sheep, goat, veal, beef cattle and farmed cervids.
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the introduction and spread of disease, including but not limited to:
- Installing or repairing screening, plastic curtains and soffits on barns, production facilities or receiving areas
- Controlling access to operation and buildings with gates, fencing, signage, locks, barriers and security monitoring equipment
- Applying gravel around perimeter of barns or production facilities (minimum 1 metre strip, 15 centimetres deep)
- Installing pest control devices
- Purchase of equipment, new construction, or modifications to existing facilities for freezing honey bee equipment or processing wax to mitigate introduction, spread and impact of diseases, such as Small Hive Beetle