ValueThere is no minimum or maximum funding that can be requested through OIP. The level of funding granted is based on need or the community benefit of the project and is subject to available resources.
The Other Initiatives Program (OIP) provides grants for community-based projects that fall outside the scope of all other Community Grants funding streams.
The following organizations and community non-profit organizations can apply for this program:
a registered community non-profit organization in Alberta (and in good standing) under one of these Acts:
- Societies Act
- Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act with a registration in Alberta under the Business Corporations Act*
- Part 21 of the Business Corporations Act – Extra-Provincial Corporations
- Part 9 of the Companies Act, (Nonprofit Companies)
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature
- Income Tax Act (of Canada and operating in the Province of Alberta (Charities))
- First Nations or Métis Settlements
- foundations established and regulated under Alberta’s Regional Health Authorities Act
- universities, colleges or institutes as defined under Alberta’s Post-Secondary Learning Act
Organizations must have an Alberta address which is regularly monitored by an active member of the organization.
Projects eligible for funding through OIP include:
- one-time projects or events that fall outside the criteria of all other Community Grants programs
- national and international projects (such as disaster relief)
- projects that are in response to emergencies or urgent in nature
Contact Name: Community Grants
Phone Number: 780-422-9598
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org