ValueGrant: Up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $175,000.
We will fund the creation of plans that establish a vision and priority actions to support sustainable development at the neighbourhood-scale. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes reduce their greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) and improve their soil, water and air quality.
All Canadian municipal governments; Municipal partners applying in partnership with a municipal government.
Your plan should build on your municipality’s sustainable community plan or strategy and may target a specific area or apply to the entire municipality. It must include the following:
- A sustainable development vision with environmental, social and economic objectives
- Actions required to achieve those objectives in each of the relevant areas such as energy, waste and water management, sustainable transportation, land use, brownfield remediation (e.g., developing policies, acquiring relevant permissions, purchasing/installing appropriate infrastructure)
- All tasks necessary to implementing a project; the person/job role responsible for each task; resources allocated to each task; an implementation timeline; estimated costs
We prefer initiatives that lead to concrete actions and demonstrate many of the following characteristics:
- The initiative incorporates the development or application of new knowledge, policy, practices or technologies
- There are built-in mechanisms that will encourage the replication of the initiative (e.g., a partnership with a regional government)
- The initiative has the potential to generate significant environmental results, as well as economic and social benefits
- The initiative leverages partnerships and other sources of funding
Deadline DateApplications are accepted year round, though this offer will close when all funding has been allocated.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: email@example.com