ValueGrants of up to $25,000 to cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
We provide planning grants to assist housing providers in the early stages of sustainable affordable housing development. This grant is intended to fund the development of deliverables required in applications for additional funding (e.g., GMF’s Sustainable Affordable Housing (SAH) study grant or the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation’s (CMHC) Seed Funding Opens in a new tab. program) as you progress through the next stages of energy-efficient affordable housing projects.
- Canadian municipal governments (e.g., towns, cities, regions, districts and local boards thereof)
- Municipally owned corporations, such as municipal housing service providers; or
- Non-profit, mission-driven affordable housing providers, including cooperatives.
This grant supports the initial planning phase of projects through a variety of activities based on the needs of the applicant. Activities supported by the planning grant may include:
- Project initiation: meetings, project scoping, work plan and timelines, background review, project visioning and goal setting
- Needs assessment: evaluating housing stock, resident support, preliminary review of building opportunities
- Basic financial assessment: review of current budget information, tasks and scope to assess magnitude of project costs and potential savings and funding sources
- Stakeholder engagement activities
- Evaluation of energy-efficient approaches
- Support to identify qualified design consultants and contractors
Deadline DateApplications are accepted year round, though this offer will close when all funding has been allocated.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: 1-877-417-0550