ValueProvides 70% cost-shared funding up to a maximum of $20K
The PFFS Program provides cost-shared funding to eligible B.C. processors, value adding producers, wholesalers, importers and distributors, to address existing food safety issues, increase implementation of food safety practices and to meet national (e.g. SFCR came into effect Jan 15, 2019) and international food safety requirements.
The PFFS program is funded by the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP), a federal-provincial-territorial initiative, and is being delivered by Food Processing Skills Canada.
Eligible Participants may include the following agrifood businesses based and operating in B.C. and who are provincially or federally licensed:
- processors, transporters, warehouses, distributors, packers and importers) that handle food and beverage for human consumption;
- processing facilities (beyond basic washing, grading and packaging) located on or off a farm premise and not covered by a certified on-farm food safety (OFFS) program.
In order to be eligible for the PFFS Program, participants will:
- have an active nine-digit business registration number (BN) with CRA or have an active GST number and file business or farm income taxes in B.C.;
- constitute a legal entity;
- be based and operating in B.C., and be provincially or federally licensed (or registered);
- follow all requirements of the law and agree to remain in compliance for the term of the CAP funding agreement (if the application is approved between the participant and the Recipient); and
- be registered with the Premises Identification Program
Cost-shared funding will be available for a range of eligible activities under two distinct categories:
- Food safety improvements;
- Equipment purchase and facility; and
- Other food safety improvements
Note: A gap-assessment is needed in order to access Food Safety Improvement funding.
- One or more HACCP final audit(s) and certification(s).
Deadline DateDecember 31, 2022
Contact Name: Food Processing Skills Canada (FPSC)
Phone Number: 1-877-963-7472
E-mail Address: DPoulin@fpsc-ctac.com; JBrown@fpsc-ctac.com