Value$500 to $200,000
The Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant (PPG) provides funding to help cover labour expenses for Alberta organizations involved in the development and delivery of post-production services in Alberta, including visual effects and digital animation.
This funding, under the Alberta Media Fund (AMF), supports the growth and sustainability of Alberta’s post-production sector by helping eligible companies employ Alberta talent.
To be eligible to apply, your organization must:
- be incorporated in Alberta under the Business Corporation Act, or registered as an extra-provincial company in Alberta and be in good standing with the Corporate Registry or operate as a sole proprietorship with a registered trade name in Alberta. All applicants must be in good standing in all respects with funding received from the Government of Alberta including the AMF
- be able to demonstrate that the organization provides services for arm’s length, third party organizations on a regular basis, and
- provide evidence of general business liability insurance
Eligible projects or activities include but are not limited to:
- editing of video and audio
- subtitling and closed-captioning
- creation and editing of visual and sounds effects
- digital animation
- projects produced primarily for distribution to a public audience
- projects that have been submitted to the AMF within 60 days of the post-production end date, invoice date or signature date on the deal memo with a production company
Deadline DateApplications will be accepted until March 1 each year, or when all funds for the budget year have been allocated.
Contact Name: PPG program
Phone Number: 780-422-8584 or 310-0000 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org