This program aims to increase the number of First Nations students pursuing post-secondary education and contribute to closing the education attainment gap between First Nations and non-Indigenous students in Canada.
The program is First Nations-directed, regionally delivered and supports First Nations-established post-secondary education institutions and First Nations community-based programming.
- Band councils of recognized First Nations bands
- Self-governing First Nations
- Organizations designated by band councils:
- bands or settlements
- tribal councils
- education organizations
- political or treaty organizations engaged by or on behalf of First Nations and First Nations established post-secondary education institutions
- The First Nations University of Canada
Funding allocations are determined by a 2-step process:
- regional allocations are made based on First Nations population distribution
- First Nations designated and directed organizations in each region will work with ISC in the allocation of funds according to program guidelines
Eligible expenditures include the direct costs for First Nations and First Nations established post-secondary education institutions to develop and deliver post-secondary education programming for First Nations students.
Deadline DatePlease contact your ISC regional office for information on the deadline for submitting a proposal in fiscal year 2023 to 2024.
Contact Name: ISC Regional Office
Phone Number: 780-495-2773 (Edmonton) 403-292-5901 (Calgary)