ValuePEFIP will provide non-repayable contributions of almost $647 million over 10 years.
The Poultry and Egg On-Farm Investment Program (PEFIP) aims to help supply-managed poultry and egg producers adapt to market changes resulting from the implementation of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
The program supports on-farm investments in:
- increasing efficiency or productivity
- improving on-farm food safety and biosecurity
- improving environmental sustainability
- responding to consumer preferences (improving animal welfare, adopting alternative housing systems, transitioning to organic production, etc.)
AAFC works with the national and provincial organizations who represent the poultry and egg sectors to establish and confirm eligible producers.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an individual and/or legal entity capable of entering into legally binding agreements or contracts
- have held quota/shares of provincial production on January 1, 2021
- be one of the following types:
- Poultry and/or egg producers holding quota
- Poultry and/or egg producers licensed, or equivalent, by a provincial marketing agency
- Atlantic Canada Hatching Egg Producers
- Poultry and/or egg producers under new entrants programs with loaned quota and/or whole-farm leases with loaned quota at the time of the calculation
- Costs of Capital Assets
- Contracted Services
- Salaries and benefits
- Non-recurring costs that modernize operations, increase efficiency, biosecurity, environmental sustainability, and/or meet changing consumer demands.
Eligible project costs will normally be shared between AAFC and the applicant as follows:
- a maximum of 70% AAFC and a minimum of 30% applicant
Deadline DateProject Applications must be received before March 31, 2030, which is the end of the 9th year of the program.
Phone Number: 1-877-246-4682
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org