ValueMaximum of $50,000
Processor – Establishing Isolation or Segregation Facilities supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Abattoirs that wish to prevent the introduction and spread of disease throughout an operation through new construction, modifications to existing production areas and facilities, and implementing practices and procedures.
Preference is currently given to projects that support:
- Provincially licensed abattoirs
- Sheep, goat, veal, beef cattle and farmed cervids
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the introduction and spread of disease, including, but not limited to:
- Construction of a new or modification of an existing structure, for a quarantine or isolation facility for sick animals.
- Structure must have Controlled Access Point, be easily cleaned and disinfected, and house animals separately with no direct contact, shared feed, water or housing
- Construction of a new or modification of an existing structure, to create segregation areas for distinct cohorts (e.g., newborns)
- Construction of a new or modification of an existing structure, to create animal treatment or work area for service personnel
- In-kind labour and equipment costs of up to $2,000 in cost-share
- One-time labour costs specifically required for the project, such as contract salaries, benefits and specific per diem fees (excluding existing full- or part-time staff)
- One-time costs for rental of facilities, processing equipment or machinery required specifically for the project