ValueMaximum of $100,000
Processor – Technologies and Processes to Reduce Plant Pest Contamination and Risk supports projects that focuses on reducing biosecurity risks into, out of, and within high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
- Processors who wish to identify and limit the introduction and spread of plant pests to decrease contamination risk to their business and the sector as a whole.
- Completed operation-wide self-assessment against biosecurity standards or a health or pest risk assessment completed by a consultant.
Costs for the sole purpose of decreasing pest risk to plant health:
- Management tools and equipment including:
- Using new technologies or practices to reduce pest development and spread
- Innovative pest mitigation technologies that reduce worker exposure and environmental risk
- Monitoring and diagnostic tools including:
- Monitoring equipment (e.g., optical sorters)
- Pest modeling software
- Modifications or additions to existing structures to establish an anteroom or header house into high-risk areas
- Proposed modifications or additions must clearly demonstrate separation of clean and dirty traffic flow through a CAP
- Modifications to existing structures to facilitate more efficient movement of plants and people to reduce plant health biosecurity risks
- Improving traffic flow efficiency to reduce contamination through establishing new or existing walkways, laneways, access routes, etc.
- Construction of hard surface pad or wash bay facility for cleaning and disinfecting vehicles and equipment outside a CAP or CAZ
- Installation of specialized cleaning and disinfection equipment
- Plant hygiene or treatment equipment
- Installing a treatment system to remove pathogens, particulates, crop residue or contaminants from water
- Construction or modification of a structure used only as a quarantine or isolation facility