ValueMaximum of $15,000
Producer – Health Management supports projects that will focus on improving animal health and reducing biosecurity risks into, within, and out of high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
Producers of all farmed animal species who wish to prevent the introduction and spread of disease on farm through purchase of equipment for animal health monitoring and management, or through baseline laboratory testing for disease.
Preference is currently given to projects that support sheep, goat, veal, beef cattle and, farmed cervids.
Applicant must have completed:
- A farm-wide assessment against national biosecurity standards that supports need for the project
- This may be completed by the applicant or by a qualified third party, such as a licensed veterinarian
- Assessment requirements can be found at ontariosoilcrop.org
- An applicable Biosecurity Workshop or equivalent
Operational improvements as preventive measures to reduce the risk of the introduction and spread of disease, including:
- Purchase of tools or equipment for animal health monitoring and treatment, such as health management software, scales or metering equipment, and multi-dose injectors
- Baseline laboratory testing for disease (and associated veterinary or sample collections fees) as part of a disease management plan
- In-kind contributions