ValueMaximum of $50,000
Producer – Preventing Access by Wildlife, Pests, and Rodents supports projects that focus on reducing biosecurity risks into, out of, and within high-risk areas of the operation, in a measurable or proven way.
- Greenhouse producers and propagators who wish to modify production areas to prevent the introduction and spread of diseases and pests.
- Completed a Crop and Horticulture Biosecurity Workshop
- A farm-wide assessment against national biosecurity standards or a commodity-specific plant health/pest risk assessment
- Assessment may be completed by the applicant or by a qualified third party, such as certified crop advisor
- Assessment requirements can be found at ontariosoilcrop.org
- Installing screening on production facilities
- Installing pest control devices or deterrents
- Applying gravel around perimeter of production facilities (1 metre strip, 6 inches deep)
- First-time costs of establishing a pest management program
- In kind contributions