ValueUp to $125,000 with 20% fund matching required.
Develop and diversify assets, programs and experiences of existing operators.
- Creates a new purchasable tourism experience within Alberta
- Contributes to job creation and economic growth
- Diversifies the seasonality of product offering for the operation/region
- Supports the Indigenous tourism sector
- Supports sustainability practices within the tourism operation
- Alberta based tourism businesses
- Indigenous businesses
- Not-for-profit organizations and municipalities with a focus on tourism
- Must have a minimum three years in operation
- Tourism offering must be available for more than 120 days per year
- Lease or Purchase Costs for Equipment: Use the funds to lease or buy equipment that offers new visitor activities not currently available or enhances the existing offerings and visitor experience.
- Specialized Equipment for a Diverse Market: Invest in specialized equipment that enables your organization to cater to a broader range of people, including those with different physical abilities.
- Seasonal Temporary or Movable Structures: Improve visitor comfort and enhance their experience with the funds by setting up temporary structures that can be moved around during different seasons.
- Permits and Licensing Expenses: Cover the costs of permits and licenses needed to expand the variety of activities or experiences you provide.
- Testing New Experiences: Utilize the funds to pilot and try out new experiences to see how visitors respond.
- Developing Interpretive Programs: Allocate the funds towards the development of interpretive programs that enhance or create new tourism experiences.
- Content Development: Create engaging content through photography, videos, and written materials (provide a shot list with your application).
Deadline DateExpression of Interest (EOI) for the innovation fund opens August 21 to September 11, 2023.
Contact Name: Travel Alberta
Phone Number: (403) 648 1000