ValueEach project will be eligible for up to $100,000 per company per year
Product2Market: Value-Added promotes the development and expansion of small to medium sized enterprises by supporting agri-business product development and the marketing of value-added products.
The program is divided into two streams that are both application-based:
- Prototype and Product Development Stream: supports new product development, commercialization, market readiness and promotional activities.
- Market Development Stream: supports Saskatchewan companies to expand their domestic and international markets through promotional and marketing activities.
Applicants must be agriculture value-added processors that operate and file taxes in Saskatchewan.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to consult with a Value-added Specialist to discuss the proposed business opportunity and their application.
Eligible activities include:
- Material costs.
- Processing and manufacturing costs.
- Packaging and labelling development costs.
- Assessment and development of a process/manufacturing technology.
- Equipment rentals.
- Market readiness for a target market where the applicant can demonstrate market opportunity exists (e.g. product modifications or alterations to packaging and labelling).
- Promotional/marketing activities for a new product, including:
- Paid advertisements in electronic, print, media or event support material. This includes targeted advertisements in social media applications;
- Design, translation production and shipping of marketing and promotional material designed to generate business for the new product or new market (e.g. brochures, pamphlets, video, web-based items); and
- Updating/developing website to introduce a new product. This activity has a funding cap of $1,000 per project.
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch
E-mail Address: email@example.com