The Provincial Agrifoods Assistance Program (PAAP) provides financial assistance to eligible applicants involved in primary production or secondary processing activities which will improve the economic viability of the agriculture and agrifoods industry; promote commercialization and growth in the sector; and enhance the competitive capability of the agriculture and agrifoods industry.
Successful applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations, farm cooperatives, regional pastures operated as a legal entity and agricultural groups representing three or more farms.
- Not-for-profit regional pastures
- Commercial farmers and as a result with reported minimum of $15,000 in gross sales of agricultural products/services to the Canada Revenue Agency in any one of the last three years.
- Processors using locally grown or raised agricultural products who can demonstrate a minimum of $15,000 in gross sales of agricultural products.
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent Canadian residents and
- At least 19 years of age to be eligible under the PAAP program.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate sound financial status to be considered for funding.
- Applicants who are a registered corporation, limited partnership or cooperation must be in good standing with Companies and Deeds Online (CADO).
Please click the link indicated below for more information.