The Provincial Asparagus Crown Project (ACP) aims to support diversification in the horticulture sector and to provide vegetable producers in Newfoundland and Labrador with high-quality asparagus crowns to facilitate asparagus production and support agriculture growth.
- Applicant must be registered as a farm enterprise with the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador and possess a current/valid farm registration number. The farm enterprise may include sole proprietors, partnerships, corporations and farm cooperatives.
- Applicant must be compliant with the previous year’s Vegetable Transplant Program.
- Applicant must provide a recent soil report and follow recommended fertility and production practices.
- Applicant must provide production data and allow for mandatory inspection(s) during the growing season to assess utilization of the transplant material and evaluation.
- Applicant must complete a feedback form following the completion of the growing season.
Please click the link indicated below for more information.