ValueThe maximum funding that may be approved for Projects is $200,000 per Applicant in each Fiscal Year of the Program Term. The maximum Project Term is three Fiscal Years. Eligible Expenses shall be cost-shared at 50% grant and 50 % Applican
This program supports initiatives that build industry communication capacity to increase public and consumers’ awareness and understanding of agriculture and the food production system.
Eligible applicants include:
· An agricultural group registered under the Societies Act, such as an applied research/forage association
· A commodity group
· An incorporated not-for-profit organization*, or
· A recognized (as determined by the Minister) form of rural municipal government in Alberta, including a Municipal District (including a County and Hamlet), a Special Area, a Specialized Municipality or an Improvement District.*
One or more of the following activities related to public agriculture literacy is eligible for funding and may be included in an Application:
· planning, organizing and hosting agriculture literacy awareness summits, workshops and conferences;
· recruitment and training of agriculture industry spokesperson;
· development of resources such as videos, website, educational materials, displays, publication and other awareness and educational resources;
· development and implementation of strategic communication campaigns; and
· benchmarking studies or needs assessments.
Deadline DateCurrently not accepting applications.
Contact Name: Diana Bingham
Phone Number: 780-427-3980
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org