ValueMatching grants are awarded up to 50% of eligible project value, up to $10,000 for books and $3,000 for brochures and pamphlets.
Publication grants support the publication of books and other documents that preserve, interpret, promote awareness, produce new understanding or add to the knowledge base of Alberta’s history.
- Individuals that reside in Alberta or have a permanent Alberta address
- Nonprofit organizations
- Schools and other educational institutions
- First Nations and Métis Settlements
- Non-promotional brochures and pamphlets
- Walking tour booklets
- Online publications may also be considered
- Copyediting, indexing, proofreading
- photo copyright fees
- bibliography writing
- digital conversion, design, lay-out, and printing
- Donated labour associated with these tasks are also eligible but should not have been completed at the time the application is submitted.