The Research and Innovation Program funds research that advances Yukon agriculture.
- supporting the development and maintenance of northern agricultural research and demonstration programs in Yukon;
- providing funding for small-scale research projects or pilot projects; and
- sponsoring participation in circumpolar research that has a direct benefit to the Yukon agriculture sector, including the Circumpolar Agricultural Conference.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
- Activities involved in the agriculture research program:
- implementation and maintenance; and
- includes costs for research equipment (such as data loggers, weather stations, soil probes, etc.), tools, materials and supplies.
- Research in all aspects of farm:
- conservation techniques;
- new technology; and
- Collaborations on research projects related to northern and circumpolar agriculture and agri-food processing that partner with:
- industry; and
- federal agencies.
- Travel for the purpose of:
- information gathering; and
- development of circumpolar agriculture information networks with other northern regions and circumpolar countries.
- Travel to attend and make presentations at northern and circumpolar agricultural events including:
- conferences; and
- participation in circumpolar research projects and educational exchanges.