Valuemaximum of $6 million in total contributions for this call.
The Research and Knowledge Initiative (RKI) is a merit-based contributions funding program that supports data and research on issues related to public infrastructure and communities. The purpose of the Research and Knowledge Initiative is to advance the understanding of public infrastructure needs, challenges, and opportunities relevant to Canadians. The program aims to strengthen the evidence base on public infrastructure and communities in Canada, facilitate collaboration and partnership among key public infrastructure actors and stakeholders, and support data, research, and knowledge-sharing activities.
Applications are welcome from:
- Legal entities validly incorporated or registered in Canada such as: Canadian academic institutions; Industry, research, and professional associations; Indigenous organizations; Community and regional organizations; Other non-profit or for-profit organizations;
- Provincial, territorial, regional, municipal or Indigenous governments;
- International not-for-profit legal entities validly incorporated or registered abroad; and
- Individuals not affiliated with an organization.
Total proposed costs for Research and Knowledge Initiative funding should be a minimum of $250,000 across the full period of the proposed project to be considered under this call for proposals.
The following costs are eligible:
- Costs considered by Infrastructure Canada to be direct and necessary for the successful implementation of the project, including salaries and benefits, professional and contracting services, materials, supplies and equipment, as well as travel and hospitality as per the Treasury Board’s Directive on Travel, Hospitality, Conference and Event Expenditures.
- Costs incurred after project approval and before the project end date. Capital expenses and ongoing operational expenses, as well as any goods and services that are received by the applicant through donation or in-kind, are not eligible under this program. Eligible expenditures will be specified in individual projects’ funding agreements.
Deadline DateClosed. Previous deadline November 5, 2021.
Contact Name: Infrastructure Canada
Phone Number: 613-948-1148 or 1-877-250-7154
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org