ValueThe IDEaS program will be investing $1.6 billion in innovations for defence and security over the next 20 years.
The Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) Contest, Robot Round-up, calls for Canadian innovators to demonstrate to DND/CAF how advancements in robotic platforms and methods of control can be leveraged to help CAF members accomplish high risk tasks.
Eligible recipients for funding under the IDEaS Contests Program must be a legal entity duly incorporated and validly existing in Canada, including:
- Canadian universities and educational institutions chartered in Canada;
- Incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organizations or associations;
- Incorporated Canadian for-profit companies, organizations or associations; and,
- Provincial/territorial, or municipal government organizations.
Federal and provincial crown corporations are not eligible for funding.
Funding is twofold for this Contest:
- The on-site competition will declare two winners to each receive a $25,000 cash prize in the form of a Grant.
- The two winners will each have the opportunity to further develop their technology through a Contribution Agreement up to $1.5 million dollars.
DND reserves the right to not accept proposals or to reduce the amount of the available funding at its entire discretion.
Deadline DateApplications must be submitted by August 2nd, 2022.
Contact Name: Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS)
E-mail Address: IDEaSContests.IDEeSConcours@forces.gc.ca