Valueup to $50,000
The Rural Transit Solutions Fund aims to help develop new and support existing public transit solutions in rural and remote, Northern and Indigenous communities that will make it easier for Canadians living in these areas to get around their communities and regions – to get to work, school, appointments, run errands or visit loved ones.
The complete list of eligible applicants is:
- Municipalities, local and regional governments established under provincial or territorial statute, including service districts.
- Public sector bodies that are established by or under provincial or territorial statute, or by regulation, or are wholly-owned by a province, territory, municipal or regional government, including but not limited to:
- Municipally-owned corporations;
- Provincial or territorial organizations that deliver municipal services; and
- Any other form of local governance that exists outside of the municipality description.
- Indigenous governing bodies, including but not limited to:
- A band council within the meaning of section 2 of the Indian Act;
- A First Nation, Inuit or Métis government or authority established pursuant to a Self-Government Agreement or a Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement between Her Majesty the Queen in right of Canada and an Indigenous people of Canada, that has been approved, given effect and declared valid by federal legislation; and
- A First Nation, Inuit or Métis government that is established by or under legislation whether federal or provincial that incorporates a governance structure.
- Federally or Provincially incorporated not-for-profit organizations whose mandate is to improve Indigenous outcomes, organizations serving Indigenous communities living in urban centers and First Nations living off-reserve
- Indigenous development corporations
- Federally or Provincially incorporated not-for-profit organizations (when an application is submitted on behalf of any primary eligible recipients listed as 1-5 above).
Eligible Planning and Design activities:
- Planning and Design projects are intended to assess and/or develop a rural transit solution that is appropriate for the local community. Eligible planning projects can include assessing routes and modes of travel, feasibility studies, public and stakeholder engagement and surveys.
- Planning and Design projects to support transit solutions to connect nearby communities in a region are eligible for funding, if they support day-to-day activities (e.g., get to work, school, appointments, run errands or visit friends).
- Proposed solutions that rely on air travel as a means of serving the community are ineligible under the Rural Transit Solutions Fund.
Deadline DateCapital Projects stream: April 7, 2022
Contact Name: Infrastructure Canada
Phone Number: 1-833-699-2280
E-mail Address: RTSF-FSTCR@infc.gc.ca