ValueUp to 70% of an intern’s salary, to a maximum of $15,000.
The CICan Clean Tech Internship Program provides potential interns with opportunities to work for eligible employers that are improving environmental and economic outcomes in Canada. Clean Tech is a vast envelope of jobs and industries that encompass many sectors of the economy. The Clean part of the title refers to environment, included but not limited to sustainable development, greening industrial and agricultural processes, alternative energy and efficiencies, recycling/composting/waste reduction, and industry/businesses working on innovations to improve the environment. The Tech part of the title refers to technology; interns come from the larger category of students often referred to as science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) students. Clean Tech Internships will be work placements to advance technologies that address the challenges of a cleaner environment.
- Small or medium-sized enterprises (SME), corporations or industry associations
- Post-secondary education institutions
- Non-government organizations (NGO)
- Aboriginal organizations or associations
- Municipal and local governments
- Provincial or territorial governments, institutions, agencies or Crown Corporations
- Recent graduates (less than three years) from a post-secondary STEM program
- No more than 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Not receiving employment insurance during their internship
- Available to work for at least six months
Contact Name: Colleges and Institutes Canada
Phone Number: 613-746-2222