The Seed Funding program supports affordable housing through interest-free loans and/or non-repayable contributions. There are two funding streams: one for new construction/conversions, and one to preserve existing community housing projects.
The New Construction Stream provides interest-free loans and/or non-repayable contributions to help with costs related to pre-development activities. This can include business plans, preliminary designs, development permits and more.
The interest-free loan offers a 3-year period to complete and submit a payment request. The loan can be combined with non-repayable contributions.
The Non-repayable contribution offers a 2-year period to complete and submit a payment request.
Maximum funding amounts are determined during the scoring and prioritization process.
- community housing providers
- municipalities, provinces and territories
- Indigenous governments and organizations
- private sector groups
- Indigenous community housing
- community and affordable housing
- mixed-used market / affordable rental
- shelters, transitional housing and supportive housing
- conversion of non-residential buildings to affordable multi-residential
- renovation of existing affordable units at risk of being abandoned or demolished
Your project must:
- be primarily residential
- have a minimum of 5 affordable units/beds
- be considered affordable, as determined by the Municipality, Province or Territory, or as accepted under other CMHC programs
Contact Name: New Construction Stream
Phone Number: 1-800-668-2642
E-mail Address: email@example.com