The Short-Term Compensation Fund indemnifies eligible producers for reasonable Canadian production costs directly caused by an interruption of more than one day in filming or the producer’s abandonment of the production prior to the end of filming due to COVID-19, including:
- A diagnosis (COVID-19), confirmed by a medical authority, of an actor or director declared on the insurance policy covering the project, as declared to Telefilm on the starting date of the coverage period or;
- Any outbreak (COVID-19), confirmed by a medical authority, on set that requires a complete production shutdown in accordance with current standards required by the applicable authorities.
To be eligible for the compensation provided by the STCF, the applicant must:
- Be a Canadian corporation eligible for the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC).
- Have and apply a COVID-19 safety plan in accordance with the current applicable sanitary requirements.
- Ensure that the project and all its participants systematically comply with the sanitary safety measures throughout the filming, in accordance with the standards currently in effect as required by the applicable authorities and keep such plan updated.
- Safety plan must provide for the implementation of measures in situations where social distancing is not possible and identify a person responsible for its application.
- Hold all the copyrights in the project necessary for its development, production and exploitation, as well as the control of the project.
For national coproductions:
- The coproducers will be required to designate one coproducer from among them to submit the application.
- The applicant must hold the copyrights and control the project in proportion to its participation in it.
Deadline DateFirst come, first served.
Contact Name: Telefilm Canada
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org