ValueNon-refundable Manitoba tax credit of up to 45%.
The Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit (SBVCTC) provides a non-refundable Manitoba tax credit of up to 45% to individuals and corporations who acquire equity capital in eligible Manitoba enterprises. The program targets Manitoba companies that want to raise equity from higher net worth individuals, with a minimum investment of $10,000 per investor.
Corporations must be pre-approved to issue shares and must demonstrate that they are:
- A Canadian Controlled Private Corporation (CCPC) with a permanent establishment in Manitoba;
- Assets are used in active business;
- Revenue generated from active business;
- At least $25,000 cash equity already invested;
- A small business with:
- Annual revenue less than $15 million; or
- Less than 100 full-time equivalent employees
- At least 25% of employees reside in Manitoba; and
- Not a Reporting Issuer.
- Approved corporations have a $10 million lifetime limit on shares issued.
- Investors can invest a maximum of $500,000 per company.
Contact Name: Economic Programs Branch
Phone Number: 204-945-2475
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org