Small Scale Foods Program aims to help underserved, remote communities and organizations operating within them get the resources they need to support and promote agriculture programming in their areas.
- Governments, such as municipal and local Indigenous governments.
- Educational institutions – local or regional District Education Councils / Authorities, elementary or secondary schools, after-school programs and community-based programs.
Funding is available for activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Funding to encourage the introduction of food growing skills in communities typically underserved, with the intent of starting community-based food production initiatives
- Funding that will encourage greater awareness of the economic benefits to growing and using local food products in order to diversify the economy within the community at large. This could involve product use training related to harvesting, processing and promoting the use of market local food
- Funding to initiate and establish greater self-sufficiency in food production where the cost-of- living is exceptionally high
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Northwest Territories Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment
Phone Number: (877) 821 8256