ValueVaries. Applications for funds greater than $15,000 must contact the Foundation prior to filling out an application.
Smart and Caring Grants help make communities across Southeastern Alberta a great place to live for everyone by enhancing belonging of all citizens and strengthening the nonprofit and voluntary sectors. In awarding grants, we conduct a comprehensive procedure to determine the most crucial community needs from data and evidence-based practice. Grants are then awarded based on potential impact and fund availability. Within Designated Endowment Fund (including Field of Interest, Donor-Advised, and Scholarships), donors direct their investment income to their specific charities of or school divisions.
- It is a not-for-profit organization serving Southeastern Alberta (the area covered by the Foundation)
- It is a charity and has a charitable registration number issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Is a qualified donee and is listed as such on the CRA website
- Innovative new projects o Short term projects
- Seed funding for long term projects
- Equipment based projects
- Focus on vibrant, healthy, caring community
What we normally do not fund:
- Ongoing core administrative expenses
- Partisan political or singular direct religious activities
- Building an endowment, fundraising expenses
- Debt reduction or emergency funding
- Large capital campaigns