ValueUp to $35,000
SmartStart Seed Fund delivered through Ontario Centres of Excellence.
Through the program, you can get:
- up to $30,000 in early-stage funding to help you launch and grow your business, providing you get 1:1 matching funds from at least 1 other source
- up to $5,000 in financing, with no matching funds required, to apply towards business skills training and support services (e.g., workshops and seminars, peer networks, mentoring and other entrepreneurship learning opportunities)
- access to regional business and investment networks and resources
You can apply if you’re:
- a technology or innovation-based entrepreneur, between 18 -29 years old, with an incorporated startup based in Ontario, including 1 linked to – or based in — an Ontario college or university
- a student or recent graduate affiliated with a Campus-Linked Accelerator or participating in on-campus entrepreneurship activities
- free to use or develop your startup’s intellectual property with no third-party rights
- not a previous recipient of Ontario Centres of Excellence funding (e.g., SmartStart, Voucher for Commercialization or Market Readiness Phase 1, 2 or 3)
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with:
- a viable business plan
- an aptitude for entrepreneurship
- a commitment to growing an Ontario-based company
For more detailed information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DateApplication is now closed. For future deadlines and updates, please click the link indicated below.
Contact Name: Natalia Lobo (Program Manager) - Ontario Centres of Excellence
E-mail Address: email@example.com